Sunday, September 28, 2008
Charlotte Sometimes makes me miss my dog.
Boys Don't Cry sounds like a lie.
Friday I'm In Love never holds true.

The Cure made a point that people don't go after what they want, when it comes down to who they want. I'm guilty of lacking that courage. I have it, deep inside where everyone hides it, but I rarely use it. I don't think it's just a fear of rejection, but a fear of not really wanting the idea you've created in your head. With love, you have to leave preconceived notions at the door and let your feelings blossom or shrivel on their own. When you want something badly enough, go after it.

The other side, because there's always another side:
You can't find love like you do a class to fit your schedule. Just because the description is appealing and the timing is fitting doesn't mean it's right for you.

When I hear The Cure I think of the most fitting book I've read, Love Is A Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield. That book is my bible, after the Bible.

The Cure's "Let's Go To Bed": ...when she gets depressed and asks, "Honey,
is this song about us?" the strategic answer is "Yes, but so is 'Just Like
Heaven'."
posted by Songs of Love at 7:30 PM |

0 Comments: