Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A true sign of how tired I am from this weekend: I was waiting for a bus to come and I thought to myself: This weather is so gross I just want to order a pizza and go home to cuddle with my boy kitten.

I was so nervous about working this T.E.C. weekend. I was terrified of screwing up. Once I got there all that changed. My friends were so excited to see me and they kept me occupied the whole time. I mean technically I had the leadership position so I kept them busy with crafts and skit rehearsal and the customary things, but they kept all of my thoughts in the present. I love my TEC friends because they completely take away the boring everyday stuff from the conversation. We’re always joking and having fun, hugs are as common as high fives, and you're always bound to make a new close friend.

This weekend I knew most of my team but I was finally able to get close to the guys. It's hard for me to become close friends with the guys at TEC because the weekend seems to create this fuzzy line between friend and inappropriate crush. I can manage to see through the haze, but so many of those teenage boys can't, which can make things pretty awkward. This time though most of the guys on my team had girlfriends so everyone felt relaxed. Sometimes it seems good clean humor is hard to come by but at TEC we've got loads of it. I had a really good weekend with them and I will forever remember the pink gorilla and a certain friend in the bear costume that started the first dance party TEC has ever had.

It was strange coming back to Athens, knowing that 6 of them are here too. I'm looking forward to Monday nights and more TEC Tell Alls with Joe.

posted by Songs of Love at 4:52 PM |

0 Comments: