Friday, October 23, 2009
Cause love is just a dialogue
You can't survive on ice cream.
- Cheap and Cheerful by The Kills

I love those lines. I have this strange kind of drive that allows me to procrastinate on almost everything but that pushes me to accomplish a few less important things. I push myself to walk faster, to make it somewhere in the same or less time as previously. Sometimes it leads to ridiculously good results like toned legs and salon quality nails. Sometimes it seems just useless. I have been pushing myself for a year to finish a mixtape, Advancing a Friendship, but I see so many different ways to compose it, to write it, that I can't choose a direction to take it. What if mixtapes don't have to be finished, but could simply stay playlists? You can add to it and remove what you'd like, but where is this pressure coming from to finish it?

I've started a new mixtape theme, and I don't know when I'll finish it, but I love making it. I'm calling it The Innermost Thoughts of a Girl in Like.

I need to revert back into the art of texting.

Jenn sent me one last night that was like a long awaited sigh.
"You're a poet and I'm a writer. We make things more complicated because it sounds good on paper. - you"
She quoted something I've said before. My heart filled with warmth and happiness and truth and then the truth set in. That quote is still applicable to our lives, no matter how much we avoid it or embrace it.

I may have said this last semester, but it still holds true dearest Linny:
Keep all of your summer dreams and let them lead you to sleep. Let yourself dream it. In the morning you can be happy, if just for that first moment.

Don't forget what you could have, what you deserve, and never lower yourself to anything less.
posted by Songs of Love at 3:30 PM |

0 Comments: