Thursday, October 1, 2009
This song gets me in the first chorus. Something sets in my bones and then I hear that line, and I know I have to start it all over again. Then she hangs up and says "I ain't never gonna see the winter again" And I don't know how, but she smiles. I think I'm crazy because I know it will make me cry eventually, but I play it on repeat letting it soak in my bones. It reminds me of my mix of lyrics, Smile like you never tried to take your life. But this is deeper, like it's being sung about Sierra but also like it's being sung by Kaely. They carved your name into the stone and then they put it in the ground, I run my fingers through the grooves When no one's around. I'm not sure anymore if the stories of my past drive my characters or if my characters drive me. I put my Oxford poster on my door again to remind me to dream. I think of her dream and I think of your dream and I won't watch them collide. Lord, don't let them collide.
posted by Songs of Love at 1:03 AM |

0 Comments: