Sunday, February 27, 2011
It's funny how much you can like something without paying attention to it. Thursday night I heard a Bloc Party song that I love downtown and I sang along because I knew every word - here's the catch, I don't know which song it was. I simply couldn't think of the title at the time and after listening to their earlier stuff I can't be certain if it was Helicopter or Staying Fat. Probably Helicopter, but I can't be sure.

Likewise, I drove around listening to a mix my ex made me for 5 months before I realized what I was listening to. At first I really liked the songs and over time I found myself able to sing along with basically every song on the mix. But then it was brought to my attention that it was about our relationship, ups and downs included. Now I kind of hate it. I mean, it's a good mix if you're not looking for a message behind it. But I should have been. I should have been alarmed that songs like Between Love & Hate by The Strokes, Bad Stuff by Free Energy, and The Cave by Mumford & Sons are on it. Now singing along to it kinda sucks too.

I'm making a new mix to drive around and sing along to; it's called Super Fun and it will have no hidden messages. I'm looking forward to finishing it soon!
posted by Songs of Love at 3:08 AM |

0 Comments: