Monday, November 9, 2009
You can't forget this. In the darkest of winters, in the blurry white streets of Michigan or the Ray Ban packed sidewalks of Athens, this is what holds true.

You deserve far better than what you've even seen. It's one thing to hear an old familiar song and let your heart get caught up in it, singing it out and holding on to the idea that this song describes this moment, this person, this feeling RIGHT NOW. It's a whole other experience when you hear a song for the first time and every verse, every chorus, every melody feels like it has been in your heart this whole time and somebody has finally found a way to let it out.

I love you. For who you are. No matter what you've been through, no matter what you're feeling, no matter how much of the truth you can see.

Those guys who don't see all that we see, who don't hold on to the beliefs that we hold in our hearts, they're crazy to think that we are not going to grow, to adapt, to become stronger than the little girls they think we are. You are one of the strongest forces in my life. When ever you think you're weak, you show me how brave and strong you are deep inside. Every time I want to crumble to my inner little girl stature, you show me how to stand like a woman.

Maybe people don't tell you this enough. Maybe you don't see it, but it's there. You have the heart and the soul, the brains and the beauty of a strong woman. You have always been good enough.

I love you deep deep down in my hopeless little heart.
posted by Songs of Love at 2:36 AM |

0 Comments: