Sunday, February 21, 2010
The best part of my day was my dad calling me this morning. Just to talk, for fifteen minutes. It was THE BEST!

My dad just got back from England, where he had to go for two weeks on a business trip. He hated it. The food was too bland, the weather was cold, there was no clock in his room, the soap wasn't soapy enough, he had to borrow the iron from the lobby, and it cost him around $40 to do his laundry. I'm pretty sure he was also really homesick. One day he had to wear a flannel shirt and jeans to the office. He did make a friend there, a nice guy from Ireland, with some name that sounds extra Irish. Fergus McClellan or something.

Ferg and my dad became good friends it sounds, hanging out all the time and sight seeing together. Ferg even got Dad to go to a pub one night. Dad even went to the mall one day. He didn't like it, of course.

I'm glad Ferg was there to keep dad company but I am much more happy to have him back in the States. I think I'm going home Wednesday after class to see my mom & dad. My new license came in the mail and Dad got me something "really cool" from England.

Labels: ,

posted by Songs of Love at 6:14 PM |

2 Comments:

At February 22, 2010 at 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
He just did not know the right places to go! And of course it is cold its February... and snowy up here in the North of England. Can't wait to hear about what you got.
 


At February 25, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Blogger Lindsey said........
I'm just imagining your dad in across the pond. So funny! I'm glad he's back and you got to spend time with him :)