Monday, February 1, 2010
I have spent my daydream hours (minutes?) of today creating a new music video in my head for Rilo Kiley's Portions for Foxes. Sometimes I really do wish I was getting an education to be a director, but I don't believe I'm that creative and there's no way I could make a film that was 1/2 rubbish. The video in my head is centered around some cute brunette girl and her view of reality mixed with her visions of happiness. It would be a bunch of real short clips at the front of her and some guy highlighting the dynamic of their relationship with a visible fight towards the end. All of that during the instrumental opening. I know, I'm ambitious, but hey, there's 26 seconds of it.

Then the camera mainly sticks with the girl, who will be physically biting her lip watching TV during the first line. The camera would flip between the girl watching TV, to her reminiscing on her relationship with the boy, back to the TV and the girl getting frustrated. That's about the first 50 seconds of it. I have to get to work or else I would elaborate on my daydreams of daydreams.

On the topic of myself, I have had a very Portions For Foxes kind of day. Not like my daydream, but a pretty upbeat day in the mix of so much stress and expectations. It's sunny out and I talked with a cute guy at school today and we laughed and smiled like it was no big deal. I wore pigtails braids without caring about how much younger it makes me look. The sun smiled down at me and I in return smiled to my neighbor. I toured my apartment and didn't care. A friend gave me a Smarties and it was like the end to an ideal school day. However ideal in the sense of a good normal. Nothing horrible has happened yet. No boy is going to break my heart. I can drive. I get to see Kaitlyn & Collin tonight. I left a fun surprise for my friend at the radio station. Life is good today.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 3:27 PM |

1 Comments:

At February 3, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Blogger Sarah Loves to Bake said........
I could see you directing, but I think you should write. Screenplays or books, you would be good at either one :)