Thursday, January 27, 2011
I'm so scared of moving away from the amazing friends I've made in this town. Despite all of the easily dissolvable friendships I ran across in my early years of college, I managed to find some really strong ladies and a few very supportive guy friends. I wouldn't be lying if I said I have a different supportive friend for every day of the week, but that is a bit of a dramatization of my situation.

I found a new group to help me maintain my faith on campus and it's really nice to be around them. I haven't told them about my depression because I really like being seen as just myself by them. They think I'm worth getting to know and I don't want to ruin that. Plus I don't want to go through all of the "You're in my prayers." variations. I get more from the act of praying than the idea of prayer.

And when praying can't calm me down enough I rely on the power of science to end my worries. I had a particularly alarming health problem today. My mom thinks it might be an effect of my birth control but I find that highly unlikely, so I booked a terrifying appointment at the Health Center.
posted by Songs of Love at 11:37 PM |

0 Comments: