Thursday, March 9, 2017
I don't even know where to start.  Tonight, for the first time in years, I pumped my legs towards the sky.  It gets darker here at night, but the natural night lights shine bright enough for even a novice like myself to discern multiple constellations. At nightfall this weather feels more like fall and between the light chills and the stars and the nature all around, I feel so...me.

I saw twelve deer, all at once, grazing between neighborhoods, frolicking together.  They were all fairly young, small and still without antlers.  I've never seen that many together at once.  Their smell was strong near the swing set, I almost suspected it had wafted over from the horses down the road, but maybe that's the effect of a small herd like that.  It is very familiar to the smell of being on a horse farm though.  Not quite the same pungent bomb of excrement baking in the sun, but strong like the smell of sweat still thick in their fur.

The neighborhood isn't finished being built yet, so the days are filled with construction noises - trucks, hammers, cement mixers, the upbeat swell of Spanish pop music.  Noise pollution isn't the only type they're filling the streets with.  Despite the massive dumpsters in the streets, they throw recyclable plastic and aluminum from roofs, across yards, and there is trash accumulating three lots away from any current construction.  I can't stand the idea of what damage can be done if those plastics are left to mingle in the still ever present nature.  I used to walk at night or on Sundays with Tess to clean up the streets.  Now it's just me.  I wish I could get more people motivated to prevent the pollution, but I also enjoy the time spent alone out here.  

Labels: , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 11:10 PM |

0 Comments: