Wednesday, November 1, 2017
I am a very emotional person.  I love words.  I hate when people abuse them.  I am happiest when surrounded by well chosen words.  I am deeply influenced by words and by the thoughts that they command.

I just finished The Book Thief.  I just finished crying my eyes out.

Side Note: It's strange, and maybe a survival instinct, but I get these really awful migraines from crying. It feels like there's a storm cloud trapped in my head, all heavy grey matter crashing up against my skull.

Memorable quotes from tonight's portion of The Book Thief by Markus Zusak:

"Don't punish yourself," she heard her say again, but there would be punishment and pain, and there would be happiness, too.  That was writing" (Zusak 524-525).

"After more than two hours, Liesel Meminger started writing, not knowing how she was ever going to get this right,  How could she ever know that someone would pick her story up and carry it with him everywhere?
No one expects these things.
They don't plan them" (Zusak 525).

"I have hated the words and
I have loved them,
and I hope I have made them right" (Zusak 528).


Since music brings words to life and gives them a medium to dance in and since the music is always playing in my head, here are a few lyrics to ruminate on as well:

However you feel,
Whatever it takes,
Whenever it's real,
Whatever awaits,
Whatever you need,
However so slight,
Whenever it's real,
Whenever it's right.


- Spit on a Stranger by Pavement

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 11:19 PM |

0 Comments: