Friday, December 1, 2017
I was never the biggest George Harrison fan before my late twenties. Looking back I can see how underexposed I was to most of his tracks.  There is something that pulls me to Only a Northern Song in a much different way than While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Something.  I'm not big on psychedelic music, and admittedly the song isn't very beautiful, but it is a beacon of well channeled righteous rage.

Apparently George loved gardening and goes on about it in his autobiography.  Seems like something my library system should have.  A nice start to my 2018 Reading Challenge.  I'm thinking about going down to 40 books for this challenge.  It's closer to 3 books a month instead of 50 and would make it easier for me to travel more and do more next year without getting behind on my progress.  The competitive part of me wants to keep it at 50.  Reading feeds my brain.  Books are little pots of gold.  Occasionally, coal.

Back to The Beatles, because apparently I am turning Libby into a Beatles blog.  Maybe "The Month of Beatlemania."  Except I am obsessed and on a theme so it will be more like The Fab Four Months of Beatles Posts.

Sirius.fm has a little ol' website where you can submit your favorite four songs.  My Fab Four.  They don't go into the specifics, but they are choosing entries from celebrities and normal folk and playing them during a segment they call My Fab Four. Each person has an introduction to their list and at least one or two other clips about the songs they've chosen.

myfabfour.net which takes you to:

http://blog.siriusxm.com/tell-us-your-my-fab-four-songs-and-you-might-get-heard-on-the-beatles-channel/

I am going to compile a hundred playlists before I can figue out what my fab four are.  I am just so indecisive.  What are yours?

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 1:28 AM |

0 Comments: