Tuesday, January 9, 2018
Yesterday I was freed...and reborn, and a bundle of nerves, and totally pissed off.  It was the big day for getting my last cast taken off and then for a very stressful game of football.

I will be in my brace for a few weeks and then my doctors think the bone should be healed fairly soon after.  The thing is, the brace feels like putting a band-aid on a large gash.  I feel so vulnerable and under-protected.  I could do things in the brace because there was absolutely no ability to move my wrist the wrong way, but with the brace, even when it's tight it feels like I can pull my wrist.  Just trying to put the wrist cuff on to do my bone growth treatment strains my wrist.  It actually feels like a two person job, but I'm too embarrassed to ask my coworkers to help so I just try to prep everything separately and go very slowly.

This has inspired some interesting poetry.  Alas, no fiction.

I've crossed my t's and dotted my i's to finalize everything for my therapy session.  The only thing left is to figure out where to start.  Do you start from the beginning?  What if this is the beginning? Do you tell the back story?  Do you first have to present yourself?

Find peace, find strength, find happiness, find love.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 11:39 PM |

0 Comments: