Friday, January 5, 2018
I know I said 50 books in a year was ridiculous, but some of my favorite parts of this past year were discovering new authors and books.  So I kept my reading challenge at 50 books for new year.

I thought about what I said about being more social and lowering it to like 40 books, but I figured I would get upset with myself when I pass 40 for not believing in myself.  So I am believing in myself....and my obsession with books.

I have not picked up my newest book on tape yet, but I am reading three books this week.

Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates.  A really short book that really makes you think.  A very slow read because it is so thought provoking.

Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor.  YA Fantasy about a book loving guy in another world (?)  (to be determined) that goes after a lost city.  It's pretty thick, hoping it's a good page turner for the weekend!

Bonfire by Krysten Ritter.  I like her as an actress so I want to see how her mind works creating characters in print.  Girl has to face past when she returns home. Has potential but I put it down after the first or second page because I wasn't connecting with the language.  I just don't think it's best after a long work day.  If I have any more trouble I might just check out the book on tape.


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 10:08 PM |

0 Comments: