Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Blog time. This morning I woke up during this awesome Phantom Planet dream, which is reason enough to blog.

Phantom Planet and the Dream

Preface:
I first found out about Phantom Planet in 4th or 5th grade when they guest stared on Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Oh yeah, we've had a tight connection since grade school. When they first hit The OC they bounced back into my life and we've had a behind the scenes kinda relationship ever since.

Actual Contact with Band:
Freshman year of college the band came to the 40 Watt in Athens promoting their upcoming album and taking any and every request to play really old songs.
Haley and I went all psyched. (Since we're pretty much the same person living two different lives, she had an obsession with Phantom Planet in middle school/high school that rivals my Kings of Leon obsession.)
So we were excited, we had a great spot in the 2nd row, and my friend Janie let me borrow her amazing Nikon = I took 100 pictures that night and many actually had photojournalism potential. We stayed after the show to meet the band, and we had really good conversations with everyone except Alex, who was still dealing with a swarm of fan girls.

So we went outside and talked to the other guys some more and Alex came out, finally, with his stuff to put into the van and Haley and I lamely approached him and he ended up inviting us to a post-show dinner. This is what I famously reference as my date with Phantom Planet and my narrow escape from syphilis. What a night!

Second experience:
Haley and I went to see the band the day after my 20th birthday, and stalker girl knowingly 2 days before Alex's birthday. They played a really short set, mainly because Alex stage dived too much. Alex reached out and grabbed my hand in the audience, like a scene out of some lame girl's first concert experience or something, and the next thing I knew the set was over and we were in the parking lot listening to Darren tell us that it was haunted 'round those parts' and then it began to rain and BAM, we're all huddled around the van. Jeff offered me a bite of a poisoned apple, Haley & I got somewhat into the van for a photo, and all the guys wished me a happy birthday.

Pre-dream:
About two days before this dream I watched THIS video. Which explains....enough.

Actual Dream:
I'm in my kitchen, cleaning out the fridge, and Alex is sitting at the island singing me a song about the months that he's making up on the spot. We started with our birthday month, cause duh it's the best, and then we just started working through the calendar. As I take things out to throw away, like strawberries, he includes that item in the verse. So the verse about February mentioned strawberries. After that, all I remember is that we didn't get past April because of my alarm clock which was really annoying.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 5:27 PM |

0 Comments: