Thursday, October 16, 2008
The Snake The Cross The Crown inspired me today, and to avoid becoming an avid ranter, I figured I could share some creative ideas.

Mixtapes 101: Know your audience.

I'm going to make my dad a mixtape. I thought that, mulled it over for a few seconds, and decided that I wasn't going to. I was going to make my dad AND my mom a mixtape, a family mixtape for the car. They've been there through everything I've stumbled upon in college and they've accepted me at the times when I felt I had disappointed them the most. So my mixtape is about family love and the meaning behind it.

Family Love:

The Middle by Jimmy Eat World
Gracie by Ben Folds
Snails by The Format
Maps by The Snake The Cross The Crown
Father by Annuals
Sleeper 1972 by Manchester Orchestra
For The Window In Paradise, For the Fatherless in Ypsilanti by Sufjan Stevens
Julia by The Beatles
Constellations by Jack Johnson
You're Just A Baby by Belle & Sebastian
Still Fighting It by Ben Folds
Do You Realize? by The Flaming Lips
Better by Regina Spektor
Let Love In by goo Goo Dolls
Baby Girl by Sugarland
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face by Coldplay
Home by Great Northern
Ballad For My One True Love by Mason Jennings
The Luckiest by Ben Folds
On Your Porch (acoustic) by The Format

I'm giving it to my parents tomorrow. I can't wait!

Last night I went to Super J's and we watched the debates and then the Project Runway finale. We brought up how aggravating the pro life/pro choice question is for a woman because you have to stand up for keeping the government out of your uterus and then you have to stand up for your morals and beliefs. Which is when Janie said, very quietly,"That song Breathe is about abortion." So now I have a pro-choice/pro-life mix started up.

Brick by Ben Folds
What Its Like by Everclear
Breathe by Anna Nalick

Labels:

posted by Songs of Love at 11:42 PM |

0 Comments: