Wednesday, October 22, 2008
The first Nadia I ever met is this beautiful artist, political activist, music enthusiast, amazing woman. OH! And she has the most charming, darling British accent when she speaks English. She's believed in my art, no matter the form, every time I made something new and asked her to check it out. She really is a fantastic liar and great friend!

Last year she proposed an idea that had my mind twisting and turning for months, perhaps the best opportunity anyone has offered me (other than college, duh!). Despite all of my idiosyncrasies, obsessions with music and art, and crazy spur of the minute ideas, she offered to let me stay with her during my study abroad. I had found this really new, unknown program that would allow me to study photography and have full access to a dark room, with no extra fees. I picked Buenos Aires because I can understand Spanish, and I still remember a lot of conversational Spanish, because it's gorgeous, and I thought Nadia would be a great mentor on top of my professors. So color me surprised when she insisted that if I come to Argentina I have to stay with her, for free, and she wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm not really sure if the offer still stands, but I like to preoccupy myself in boring classes with romantic dreams of independent me, living in a photograph that's just waiting for me to snap the lens. That doesn't make sense really, but in my mind it kinda does.

Anyway, Nadia just added new portraits to her website. They're provocative mindfucks, and of course, beautiful artwork. She's amazingly talented, so you should check her out!
http://www.nadiarivero.com/

EDIT: Her new photos haven't hit her website yet, BUT they're on her art myspace:
Nad's Photography.
posted by Songs of Love at 12:36 AM |

1 Comments:

At October 22, 2008 at 1:22 AM, Blogger Nad Rivero said........
Awwww i love you!!!! (yeah its me, im everywhere)