Monday, January 26, 2009
Life has been very hectic lately. I feel like I've put myself through a lot of nonsense, but I also feel like I'm finally putting myself out there. Maybe it's not that hard to fight the shy bug. This past weekend I went to Helen with some sorority girls that I barely knew. It was so much fun and if i hadn't gone, if I hadn't put myself out there, I'd have missed some really memorable moments and new friends. This whole past week I've been pushing myself to be more sociable, get out of my damn apartment and LIVE. Meet new people. Joke with strangers. Bond over good music.

I kinda owe most of it to Nicki, for being my crutch, for inviting me to radio station meetings, to her apartment for the office and cookie dough, to live with her next year. I hope it works out between us. I could use a place to go.

The first time I heard Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol I was shoe shopping with my mom. I had already picked out two new pairs and was waiting for my mother. I was waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and then this song came on. No matter how many times the radio plays it, I always think of that moment, waiting for life to move on and not doing a single thing about it. And then I couldn't wait any longer.
posted by Songs of Love at 2:27 PM |

1 Comments:

At January 27, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Blogger Sarah Loves to Bake said........
Thats awesome Jill. I too try to push myself to LIVE more, to enjoy myself and others and life.