Sunday, January 4, 2009
I have come to realize that my common sense is actually one of the best ways to be true to myself. In the past I've done few questionable things and the only reason the number is so low is because I can usually trust myself to know when something isn't right for me. Or someone.

I was recently reminded of what it's like to have the expectation to like somebody. To be most honest, I never once said that I liked anybody. But because of an unspoken claim, I was the center of certain attention the past few days. I forgot how territorial some guys can get, and being at a party with those guys reminded me of something. It fucking PISSES ME OFF when some guy who barely knows you or thinks he knows you well, treats you like a possession or something that belongs to him and does not treat you as an individual and as a person and as someone who can decide who they do and do not want to be with on their own. You cannot make somebody like you! Don't expect that because you're good looking or charming or rich or intelligent that somebody else will always want to be with you. There is a choice and that is not how you get your party to win.

I don't want to stay negative so I'm gonna just stop now and go watch my Sundance Film Festival winning movie and let go.
posted by Songs of Love at 5:18 PM |

0 Comments: