Thursday, December 11, 2008
I found Backseat Goodbye on Last.fm one day and fell in love with Technicolor Eyes. Second semester last year it was my song. I stumbled upon Red Balloons today or last week or sometime and though not as cute as T.E., it's a sadder side of Backseat Goodbye that I can appreciate.

For some reason, let's call it finals week, I made a twitter. I have to be spreading myself too socially thin by now. I can not wait to scream my newest playlists at the world, i mean share.
M83, MGMT, & The Cardigans? Love it!

Jenn and I finally got back into our T/R groove and had dinner at Transmet. (Cheese Tortellini Alfredo YUM!) There was lots of talking about relationships and I thought it was perfect conversation for this blog. (I'm also beginning to think if I channel my energies I could start writing really crappy advice columns.)

Appropriate Topics
1. If you say you've had enough of "this" and hang up without warning, you have no right to get upset if the other person turns off their phone. That is just one way of giving you your space.
2. You can never EVER take back an 'I love you' if it had meaning. I don't care how much you want to tear another person apart, if there are witnesses and there was emotion, than it was love and there are no take backs with love. It just happens. Suck it.
3. If your best friend seriously wants to beat up your ex but is too nice to get the job done, be extremely appreciative of this thing called "Best Friends by Association." I may talk some shit, but Nadia is the shit.
4. Nothing sounds sweeter than an "i love you" from your best friend during finals week.
5. When someone tells you that they love you, PLEASE rewrite the book of love and do NOT say it back to them immediately. Find your own moment, and say it when you feel it.
6. When your best friend and you are at a restaurant during finals week and she is telling you a story that's making her sadder, dance vigorously in your seat when We Got the Beat comes on. And please, if your hair is long enough, shake your head hard enough so that your hair flies out. This should bring a big smile to your friend's face. The Go-Go's will appreciate it too.
7. If my best friend comes to visit for my birthday and you are so trashed that you flirt with her boyfriend, that's one thing. When you continue to flirt with him when you are sober, that's a whole 'nother ball game. P.S. Offering to buy him a sex bomb is as smart as voting for George W. Bush.


Heart to Heart
My last final is tomorrow at 12, so I think, maybe, I can spare a few more moments for one of those heart to heart moments. Hot guys, if you're female and you're straight/bi, you love them. If you're a homosexual male, you do too. Hot guys just have this ability to make you smile your little dreamy smile and in those few seconds your eyes meet, well, those few moments are personal I'm sure. (I Need Some Fine Wine And You, You Need To Be Nicer just came on by The Cardigans and I love the way she starts the song. So sexy.)

Back to the touchy moment with the hot guy. OH! not in that way. Okay, so Jenn & I are talking, waiting for our food, & I'm people watching when she notices that I've noticed somebody. She claims that my face lights up, yeah whatever. So we finish our meal and flash the hot guy smiles on our way out, and we leave one subject completely untouched. As we usually do. My shyness, while possibly endearing and cute and most definitely stubborn and annoying, continues to prohibit me from making any move, consciously flirty, and - in extreme cases of hotness - making eye contact. So from my shy heart to yours, please, please please please, do not be as shy as I am in matters of the heart.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 11:42 PM |

2 Comments:

At December 12, 2008 at 2:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Number 2 is so so so so so so

so so so so

SO SO SO SO SO TRUE.
 


At December 12, 2008 at 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
this makes me love my life.
we got the beat, fool.