Monday, December 22, 2008
How come I'm so used to throwing myself into the plot of my stories but not the plot of my life?

After a long visit back to my bed earlier today, I'm still awake and wondering.
Could I really trigger and create a small grade migraine from willpower?
Then there's my thyroid. It's been acting up since 3rd grade. The doctors say the stress of moving could have triggered it and besides, it's genetic. Both of my grandma's have thyroid issues, yet it has skipped every other family member until me. How does that happen? Is mine just early onset? I just had my blood taken to check my thyroid levels. Turns out I'm not even again, and they have to up my dosage. Could that be because I have forgotten to take the meds more this past year than any other year?

Lastly, how long has my thyroid been acting up? It's a stupid chemical imbalance that affects my mood, my appearance, quite frankly my happiness. Am I to blame for this continual low that passes through me or is it the imbalance? Which until Friday I had no idea about.

Bleed American was a revolutionary album for Jimmy Eat World. The Middle was their first big real break that brought the most attention. I still remember seeing the music video as a kid and wondering if all wild parties ended with people dancing in their underwear. Hear You Me wasn't as well publicized, in my opinion, but it's beautiful. It makes me thing of Claire. A few year's back my friend lost her daughter the day before the due date. She named her Grace and though never having seen a day on earth, she has touched so many people with her story. I've always thought Hear You Me was her theme song.
posted by Songs of Love at 2:44 AM |

0 Comments: