Friday, February 13, 2009
Naturally I'm busy getting ready for a party, straightening my hair and all, and this idea comes to me and I have to drop everything and write about it.

Valentines Day. I have finally found out why I don't hate it. Yes I'm a huge romantic, despite my theories on loveshit, but it has finally occurred to me why V Day doesn't just crawl under my skin. It's because I've always been single on Valentines Day.

No, I'm not saying if you've never been attached during it then it's never going to get you down. What I surmised is that because the lovey dovey relationship part has never applied to me, it's not a holiday for me at all. Like Chanukah. I'm not Jewish, but that doesn't mean I don't still recognize it. Valentines Day is my Chanukah. Let all the little Jewish kids get treats and presents and celebrate a fine tradition. I'm gonna just go party with all my friends like it's just another Friday and I just got off work.
posted by Songs of Love at 10:06 PM |

0 Comments: