Friday, June 12, 2009
I'm supposed to be getting ready for work and cleaning up my apartment, but a) who really cares how I look at work? and b) who do I ever have over?

I actually like work and going to work, which is beyond scary. I guess I like being surrounded by my friends all the time and getting paid for it. Working at Bolton is obviously not hard work, but it's not the most boring. I've had that job, I'm not ready to go back, even for the super nice pay. And that's the thing, last summer I got paid very nicely, I was working 40 hour weeks, I got tons of experience, and was bored out of my mind, lonely, extremely self conscious, and depressed. Is making $100 a day really worth the price for your sanity? No thank you.

So I'm willing to settle for the scrape of the barrel to have at least a little bit of fun.
Even at Old Navy, my increase in wage was hardly mentionable when you factored in my hours and how much fun I wasn't having. Without a job this summer I would be bored and severely unproductive, but with this set schedule, I'm actually a lot better in my other areas of life. It's weird how it works, but it works. I'm even able to make mixtapes again!

Lately all of the mixtapes I've been making sound like 2002 - early 2006. I'm stuck in this period of my youth, and even more so, I'm stuck recreating mixes of songs of the summer. Even the mix I'm making for Nicki, Summer For Two, Summer For You is summer themed. I don't even get the title I came up with. What's my fascination of summers past and why am I so fixated?

I decided to go home this weekend for an early Father's day and to see Sarah, who I still haven't told I can come. I want to grab my sparklers and my old CD collection, the one I pretend not to own. If I'm going to be stuck in the early 2000's, I should at least do it right.
posted by Songs of Love at 3:11 PM |

1 Comments:

At June 15, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Blogger Nikkers said........
Ooh, darling! Make me a summer tape! I'm still in the midst of listening to all the original songs!

And I looooove 2002's music. Except Nickelback, but that goes without saying.

Love, Nikki