Sunday, November 22, 2009
I guess I do it because I love the satisfaction. The turn out isn't always what I want, but it's never something that can crush my spirits. Even though I've always felt like I give in to my temptations pretty easily, I have come to learn that I am a much stronger person than I thought.

My secret temptress? The scales. (Kind of a funny Libra coincidence.)
I've never bought one for myself, but my mom has always furnished the house with them. Then Lindsay kept one in her bathroom last year and when no one else was home I would sneak in and weigh myself. I guess I like the satisfaction that comes in the results of a good work out schedule or of a healthier diet. But now I live without a scale and I am even more tempted to weigh myself when I know I'm near a scale. The last time I went to Lindsay's it was around dinner time and no where near when I had first woken up, but I had to know. I was shocked to see that I weighed in at the lighter end of my typical "weight range."

Tonight it wasn't until 8 that I realize I was a room away from a scale. With my scale senses tingling I went ahead and weighed myself, only to learn I lost at least 5 pounds. I checked with the two other scales in the house. This is not a lie. This is the crazy truth.

Thanksgiving will not ruin me. Although, I am using the fattening opportunity to persuade my siblings to give blood with me. There's no way they can feel dizzy with that much food in their belly! Speaking of good timing, we have also scheduled a secret photo session so that we can surprise our mom for Christmas. We are on a roll!
posted by Songs of Love at 12:17 AM |

0 Comments: