Saturday, November 14, 2009
While composing a mixtape of my five favorite bands, and their two side projects, I had a revelation over the musical genius of one Anthony Caleb Followill and one Ivan Nathaniel Followill.


You got your cozy little corner
All night you're jammin' on your feet
Hangin' out just like a street sign
- Red Morning Light by Kings of Leon

I understand the song is about a hooker, but this line makes me laugh. How many times have you described that street sign on the corner as "hangin' out?" Twice a week?

It's turned out to be a tough venture using only 7 bands and 5 voices. I managed to fit 23 songs on it and as soon as I rearrange the end of the middle it will be done!!! I have to listen to this one a whole time through before I give it away just because of how scared I am that this will be my worst mix ever. Such a scary thought!
posted by Songs of Love at 2:34 AM |

0 Comments: