Wednesday, March 3, 2010
I have been truly, utterly, horribly busy the past few weeks. Every night is packed, and if it's not, someone wants that time. Mondays are filled with work, Tuesdays with Gamma Sigma Sigma, Wednesdays I spend too much time at the radio station, Thursdays are prone to being girls' nights, and then it's Friday and the weekend follows and ends too quickly. So as of late I've been having very mundane daydreams. They range from spending a day with Leslie to drinking a glass of wine with Jenn and talking Latin, to snuggling with my dog while watching a movie.

I miss going to the movies with Leslie in the middle of the day sneaking in skittles or gummy bears, what have you, and spending the day doing stupid little, secret, things that make you feel at home. I watched Underground: Revolution last night and thought of her. It was strange realizing it was her birthday and then watching that.

And I need to call Sarah. I want to meet her dog and catch up and get Starbucks. Drink hot chocolate in some over sized chair.


I finished reading my book, all snuggled up in my covers, drinking hot chocolate in bed, and making little kid noises to myself when my marshmallows started to roll around. It was adorable, like a part of myself that I left behind when I came to college. I want that back but I want to move forward. I want to feel certain, to make good grades, make a career for myself, help myself out, be responsible, be an adult, be a woman, but I don't want to have to give up acting like a little kid, making little kid noises, dancing around the house like I'm 8, and making funny faces. People don't take you as seriously when you do all that at my age.
posted by Songs of Love at 10:25 PM |

2 Comments:

At March 4, 2010 at 12:47 AM, Blogger Sarah Loves to Bake said........
i love acting like a child. i woke up, looked out my window, saw snow, freaked out, threw on clothes and ran outside where i preceded to make a snow man. by myself. hehe!

it's spring break starting tomorrow for me. i'll be home all weekend, and the beginning of next week. it would be awesome if you called me and we could hang out :)
 


At March 4, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Jackity Jack we can do movies and eat gummies of all kinds when I am home for Spring break if you come to the JC. I am going to try to visit Athens while I am home too so maybe we can go out on the town for the night.