Friday, March 25, 2011
I first started liking The Redwalls because I thought they sounded a bit like The Beatles. I love this song because it reminds me of being not drunk, but a little tipsy. Maybe cause I like to sing it in a slur, or a drawl. Both I catch myself doing while tipsy.

Despite having a paper to finish, I found myself really nostalgic late tonight. I started rereading and editing my last updates in my Kaely piece and then I found myself listening to mixes I made while trying to write my Kaely piece. I am so impressed with some of the stuff I wrote. I know I've been coming back to this piece for the past four years, but there are scenes that I can hardly recognize they sound so intelligent. Every once and a while I am quite impressed with my word choice, probably because I started writing this when I was so young and I expect to find an eighteen year old's vocabulary. There's still a lot of moving from a to b required in this piece but I'm really glad I didn't rush it. The piece has definitely matured with me and the characters have taken paths I could not have foreseen at eighteen, nineteen, twenty.

I think one of the reasons I connected so easily with Kayley is because I knew I could trust her. I knew it in her name.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 3:01 AM |

0 Comments: