Thursday, August 18, 2011
I am throwing myself back into the job search with all I have hoping to fill this void in my life. I had a casual coffee meetings with one of my dad's old work friends to help re-motivate myself and network. She gave me a lot of really good valuable advice, a renewed sense of confidence, and the promise to mention me to everyone she can think of who could use me. I am so beyond words grateful for this kind hearted woman.

For the meeting I wore my new interview clothes, chic and a little 1960's. Maybe just the color choice of the top - it's definitely not very common in this decade. The skirt still doesn't fit right after I lost all that weight but it has cute side pockets that make it easy to readjust inconspicuously. The outfit made me feel grown up but youthful, curvy but professional. Sometimes you really do need an outfit that fits your body the way an outfit should, something to make you feel proud of yourself. I'm nervous, I'm excited. I need this. After the meeting I bought some pumpkin bread and the cute Starbucks guy seemed to be flirting with me, as much as a Starbucks barista can. I need that too.

Women often talk about how their early and mid twenties were the prime years of their life. I'm nearly 23, even though I can't stop thinking that I'm already 23. When it's my turn to look back, I feel like I'm going be pretty unsatisfied, because if these are the prime years of my life I do not know how to enjoy them. I'm a fool, I think.

Labels:

posted by Songs of Love at 3:49 AM |

0 Comments: