Monday, November 16, 2020

What exactly does 'succexy' mean?  Successfully sexy?  So so sexy? The internet has a lot of theories that I don't actually care about.  

I was very pleasantly surprised how well I could recall the lyrics and then I had to start it over and turn up the stereo.  It's a great addition to my night drive playlist.  I think at some point in college I became so transfixed with "Live It Out" (hello depression, anxiety, the final stage of education, failed romantic relationships and also really coming into your sexuality all rolled into four years), that I lost the brilliance of "Old World Underground, Where Are You Now?"

I could listen to both albums from start to finish and then repeat.  It connects me to myself.  I used to fall in love with artists and listen to their whole album, on CD, on my CD player, and just transfix myself into their music.  That's all you had before the mixtape.  Then you had to hope your friends understood you well enough to craft something you did not continuously hit skip through.  Music was so much more limited.  Playlists were limited.  They were mixtapes, and the act of thoughtfully listening to each song and piecing the mix together was the actual gift. Now Spotify generates lists of music it thinks I will like and that's the most surprise I can experience outside of a crazy awesome new album drop.  That would have been my dream job, it was one of my many ideas, creating playlists for a monthly magazine or blog with a well written piece to explain when to listen to this mix and what mood to be in and what mood the mix will leave you in.  I never had the drive though to get discovered by any big company or to even throw myself into their intern wheelhouse.  I've played around with doing it on Libby, but then like, I'm not really promoting new visitors.  Or any visitors.

For now, I just wish a friend would make me a mixtape, or thoroughly crafted playlist, like the old days. Merry Christmas dream girl of days past.

Labels: , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 6:51 PM |

0 Comments: