Saturday, September 19, 2020

I heard of this cover by Cher today and it feels perfect for an early fall Saturday. I’m so glad the temperature is dropping into sweater weather. It really is the best time to be outdoors. 

I heard good news about the friend I was worried about and that made this weekend so much....no I think it’s more that it made me stop over focusing on work and allowed me to actually take a weekend. My favorite type of solo weekends - digging up weeds, planting a few more plants, and mulching. 

My goal is still to add more flower beds. Less grass/weeds to mow. I’m also pulling a few of my beds further out too. I don’t know what the professional way is, but after a few too many attempts my preferred method is: mulch bags to kill grass, dig up grass roots, reposition edger, plant or just mulch right away.  

Tomorrow I’m going to go around with my daffodil bulbs and plant them too.  I can’t wait to see them in the spring! I planted my dahlias too late into the summer.  I think I might still get a few blooms before the first frost hits. My elephant ears on the other hand are doing so great! I followed the instructions on how far to space them but I probably should have gone a little wider. I’m curious to see if they get any taller. I don’t have any railing around my porch, but at this rate they’re going to block it off at the end. I had some Morning Glories that popped up in front of my porch and would have looked really beautiful with the lattice work, but they moved under & were starting to grow through my porch too.

My best friend was telling me about which songs her son is learning on the drums. Third grade and drumming. He’s already a little heartthrob at school apparently. Amazing how far listening will get you. Anyway, I saw the Dave Grohl & Nandi drum off this week so I listened to Nirvana today. I’m not sure Nevermind is the type of album you should share with an 8 year old, but I really want him to hear Dave drum on Stay Away. I don’t know, a little punk never hurt the soul. :)


Labels: ,

posted by Songs of Love at 8:32 PM |

0 Comments: