Saturday, September 5, 2020

I’m so worried. I’ve been praying for a friend in a dark place, but it doesn’t seem like enough. I prayed with his family and offered everything I can, but no one knows. It sounds like he tried to take his life.


Before I heard the news I had a migraine like the kind I used to get. Medicine wasn’t helping. It lasted all morning, all day, all night. And I just thought it was so unbearable. The pain was in my head and all around and felt like it was never stopping. I realized if it didn’t go away or if it came back, I wouldn’t survive it. I would have had to end it myself. When I got through that I made an appointment to try new medicine. 


So his pain isn’t lost on me. But his is from PTSD and it haunts him in ways I’ve never suffered. I feel foolish trying to be strong and would I feel like a fool if I share my story with them. 


So here I am running my mouth. Trying to not hurt others. Trying to come to terms with my weakness. Trying to be solid enough to be a good friend. 


Father please elude my transgressions

Let them blow in the wind like sand

Cause all of my deeds you know them

Use me as your vessel 

posted by Songs of Love at 12:45 AM |

0 Comments: