Saturday, November 1, 2008
Kennesaw was intensely awesome! (I'm totally great at opening lines...)

Seeing Nadia was a dream come true. It was really hard watching her struggle with her happiness so much last year, and I am amazed by her transformation into this school year. While UGA's acting program put her through hell and continuously disappointed her, at Kennesaw she's taking acting classes that she needs and wants, and she gets to take some chorus classes too. I'm so happy for this because when I met her her fun fact was that she could sing Italian opera, and then I never saw her happy enough to sing.

As much as I love to see her blossom, a part of me wants to spend all of my free moments with her. It's an experience and a feeling that Athens is really lacking on right now. I liked being able to do my Scooby doo/baby bulldog bark and get her little meow response. It sounds weird, but it's what normal is to me. We act more like sisters in public than I do with my sister, and every time she calls me her sister and tells me that I'm part of her family, I feel so blessed to have someone like that.

So of course her friends are awesome as well. We all had a lot of fun and I brought Red with me...well that certainly stirred the pot. She got voted Most Bangable in our costume contest and was certainly a spark in the life of the party. The next morning most of us, sans Red, were sitting on the futon in the closet laughing and having a good time looking at pictures and I had a revelation!

Nadia's group of friends from home is like 90210. Nadia and Nancy are Kelly & Donna, the guys are the guys, and I'm the new girl Brenda, before she became such a huge bitch.

I came home to a warm bed, a disappointing Georgia game, and dinner with the fam & Leslie. I miss being around her. We came back to my house and watched Center Stage 2 and now I'm looking for my leotard and slippers. I really wish I could get in shape enough to dance like I used to, but just watching the movie inspired to me to practice again. I think next semester I'll take Ballet as a PE class. I love the idea of walking around Athens in my tights and leotard, with the appropriate layers, and my hair still up in a bun. Dressing the part is the definite way to set the mood.
posted by Songs of Love at 10:28 PM |

1 Comments:

At November 3, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I love you Jilly-Bean! And I miss you so much. I have still been going through some stuff but this time it is because I am happy at this school but I need you. Life is hard without you and I wish that I had my best friend here with me all the time. I need you Jill but no matter what, I will be a true bff. I LOVE YOU JILL! and I'm going to learn to ice-skate next semester...isn't that cool :) -Nads