Sunday, March 22, 2009
I can figure the point out of anything, just not as quick as I can mess up my own life.

This past week has been so exhausting for me as I've tried to fit meetings and necessities into my life. Wednesday I skipped out on podcasting to help my friend Katy with the project for her event planning class. It was called Leprechaun Bowl-A-Thon and raised a good amount of money for March of Dimes. On Saturday I got to work with Katy again at Volunteer UGA's Day of Service. Everyone got to Tate at around 8:30 and we ate a quick breakfast and separated into our different groups. My group went to volunteer at Sandy Creek and we worked until 1:30 cleaning and clearing the trails. The trail we were on is just over 4 miles, but we had to quit working after the half way mark so that we could get out of there by 1:30, but we still ran late. It was a really nice day and it almost felt like we were walking the trail, with rakes and other yard equipment, and it felt good getting so much work done.

But life is never perfect, and when the volunteering left me feeling self-empowered and accomplished, and just generally good about myself, well then my parents came and ruined that. We were too late to see the apartment they wanted me to sign a lease for and their frustration and anger made all of those good feelings vanish.

Today my mom called and had the nerve to mention how messy my apartment was. As if I am the only person responsible for cleaning this apartment. As if I have the time to play housekeeper. I sent her an email dissecting my week's schedule and she called shortly after to apologize. I was already crying though and she had already made me feel like shit. So what's the point?

I made a comment about how I stay up late just so I can have time for myself to think and sort myself out. She's always yelling at me about being up so late. She still doesn't realize that the only time I get a vacation from my life is when I'm up late writing or editing or talking to my friends.

Screw pretty words and flowing sentences. Today is a beautiful day and I have a migraine in the works. If I want to rant instead of rave, I will. I'll probably delete this anyways.
posted by Songs of Love at 4:45 PM |

0 Comments: