Wednesday, April 1, 2009
I saw Anathallo during spring break, the night before I got my stitches out. The show was only $10 and afterward I approached all of the band members to sign my poster. They were all really nice people, and surprisingly a couple seemed sad when I thanked them and left. I think they wanted the night to last longer. Or someone to actually talk to. This song has been stuck in my head all day.

So my dad called me tonight before dinner asking if I was coming home this weekend. I wasn't planning to, I haven't been since spring break and it seems almost like a record to me. I wasn't planning on going home any time soon. I think maybe I don't want to go home to the change. I don't want more memories of frustration and tension and stress. But it's been happening since the beginning of my childhood, why should this time change? Oh yeah, the state of the economy. Right.

Well anyway, my dad called to remind me it was his anniversary this weekend and he was asking me if I'd want to come home if he took us to Medieval Times. How could I have forgotten my parents anniversary! It's practically my anniversary, and not in a weird way. I was just already on the way when they got married, so I'm usually there for the anniversary. For a while we would go to Burger King, I'm not sure why, but it was our own little joke. "Happy Sixteenth Anniversary Darling, here, eat a Whooper!" Not really.

Last year my dad and my mom flew to DC, where we're from and where my brother now lives, for the weekend. My sister and I flew up to surprise them at the Red Lobster they had their first date at. My dad and I had planned the whole thing, with code names and everything. My mom cried. It was one of the best vacations of my life. Medieval Times isn't as cool, but it's another anniversary together. Which is what I need since I keep having nightmares of them divorcing.

And an extra bonus is that I can compare scars with my dad while they're still fresh! I know that sounds weird, but it's not really. Especially since I'm always accumulating them. Right now I have a blue bruise on my left arm from the tennis court door that Lindsey did not catch. My left knee is purple and blue, almost black, from slipping on Jeremey's driveway Saturday night. I ran into the coffee table twice on Sunday and the bar stools once. Today my friend asked me if I had gotten into a fist fight! HAHA! Me? Righhhht.

"We were watching Disney and she fell twice! You move an inch, you fall." - My roommate Lindsay recapping Sunday night.
posted by Songs of Love at 1:59 AM |

0 Comments: