Wednesday, December 15, 2010
This song reminds me of Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros except textually it's much more simple. I know it's sung between a guy and a girl and there's the mentioning of love, but it makes me think mostly of Kaitlyn. No matter what I babble about she keeps offering to listen. She was this positive light when my depression made everything a darker shade and then she just continuously proved to be a good friend. I thought about it last night, and I think Kaitlyn might have given me the best mixes in my collection.

Nadia has been amazing and her voicemail has been my saving grace, but I can't describe our friendship with this song. It's not the right rhythm. She'd want something more upbeat. Something we could dance to. Something that didn't make her partly sad.

I've been thinking about songs and people and mixes a lot lately. The Best of Libellus was a really good Christmas present. It meant so much when I got it that at the time it helped foster feelings. I was thinking though, have I been present enough this past year to compile a second mix? Have I said anything worthwhile? I have seventeen days and how many tracks left?
posted by Songs of Love at 3:12 AM |

0 Comments: