Tuesday, March 29, 2011
I am secretly still scared of this week. If I can get to Thursday everything will be fine and the only change will remain unnoticeable. In fact, it won't really be a change at all, just a recommitment to life made silently amongst a steady support of friends.

This has been a totally unwanted stress, something that no one could have prepared me for. I feel like this has really made me reevaluate my life, which is not the best time as far as the stress from my school work. I don't want to look back on my days and only recall the negative. I still have my dreams to travel, but I don't want to live every day waiting for that preplanned adventure. My spring break trip taught me to look back on each day and reflect on the positive. I keep thinking about my worries and my concerns - graduating, finding a job, finding myself in the business world, and my gigantic concern that I'll be all alone. I've been trying really hard to reconnect with the friends who mean so much to me so that I won't lose touch after graduation. I want to visit people and have people over. I guess I can't completely say goodbye to Athens. I think I'm struggling with the idea that some people will move out of state and that's just how life is. The people you love the most are not always going to conveniently live in the same town as you.

But I'm jumping the gun, I don't have to grow up completely right now. I'm just going to keep listening to my In Case of Emergency mix and snuggling the kitty tonight.
posted by Songs of Love at 12:51 AM |

0 Comments: