Monday, April 3, 2017
My anxiety feels particularly suffocating today. It stays relatively occupied and buried when I'm at work, but when I'm off it's needy and consuming and even the littlest things, answering a text or  tidying my closet, feel overwhelming and part way through I lose whatever energy I had.

I tried to say something about this on facebook tonight, but even that was too consuming.  I fidgeted and fought with myself for almost half an hour trying to bring this up and apologize for ignoring people and blowing off plans, but in the end I couldn't find a way that didn't declare myself a hopeless idiot riddled with anxiety and over sharing.  So I have not responded to that message and I have not offered two friends an explanation for why I still have not called them to pick a date for dinner.  After two hours I did respond to the most important of my text messages. I did however have to call my best friend to talk me through my response, but had no trouble talking with her and even made a few jokes.  Ah, but I have avoided her and not made plans to hang out in weeks (a month? two months?) and I can't explain why not except that the anxiety from planning to get together has been so consuming and draining that I can't even tell her I've had to cancel because of it.

I feel like a fraud so often.  I miss my friends but I won't make plans to see them.  I want to embrace life and be happy but I put off doing things that make me happy.  I wish the medication I have for this actually did something to make a difference.

Labels:

posted by Songs of Love at 11:00 PM |

0 Comments: