Saturday, March 31, 2018
My presurgery playlist helped, but it was missing something. So in the end I settled on The End by The Beatles. The drumming in it helps put me in a good mood. My voice still hasn't fully returned, so I whispered along:

And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make


I think the nurses heard me. They waited for my song to end before retrieving me. Everyone helped get me in and out quickly, since time is money at hospitals. 

But now I'm stuck in pillow mountain. Dr. Fitz has been a bad doctor, no cuddles, no kisses, and he tore up my fancy ice pack. Nurse Quintus must be a night nurse because I only caught one quick glance of him and then later a call for breakfast. The pain pills make me sleepy again. I couldn't lay down for 10 minutes with the anti-inflammatory pill, but 15 minutes later I'm sinking into the couch. I think it's time to return to pillow mountain. Rest. Ice. Elevate. Repeat. 

Labels: ,

posted by Songs of Love at 11:19 AM |

0 Comments: