Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Today was a strange day. Not at all what I expected from Pi day.

In the beginning I was so nauseous. My brain was utter mush. And then it wasn't. Then I was knocking through my to do list and facing down my more stressful tasks & all I had to eat was liquid soup but I got most of it done. I left the office at 7:00pm, and let me just stop to thank the academy. Thank you Day Lights Savings Time, you tricky bitch. I left the office and there was sun and I actually smiled. 

I put on a random Spotify playlist and created a new favorite, Between the Click of the Light and the Start of the Dream. Every song just lifted me up. It knew the sun was still out for me and it knew how much I needed it. It brought me joy. I danced in my seat. I held my hand in the air and affirmed my feelings. Oh my gosh I sang along with so much glee and soul and joy. 

Let me rephrase that. I am still sick and I lost my voice twice on the phone and there I was singing with soul and with joy. 

Oh! And traffic was lighter and I got home in 35 joyful minutes!!! Hot damn! It was one hell of a time. It was too perfect, so I hopped out & grabbed Tess and my library card and then we hightailed it to pick up my next books. I've told you, all good stories involve the library. We came back as the sun was setting and the playlist reacted perfectly. 

You might think I'm crazy and that's fine. You're entitled to your own opinions. But man, oh man, the best moments have their own soundtrack. Try to argue with that. Try to not feel that in your heart. The Kooks are out in the streets and they're gonna steal your skies. Goodnight loves. 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 11:37 PM |

0 Comments: