Saturday, March 10, 2018
This last week was pretty shitty.  It felt like nothing but work.  I don't want to accept or sign off on another meeting or event with only two months of planning.  That is not a smart idea.  It's so exhausting mentally. 

The whole week wasn't a waste though and I had one really good night come from it.  I stopped by my sister's house on the way back from the library and caught up with my sister and snuggled with my niece.  (Quick aside, I absolutely love that I have to pass my sister's house when I go to the library, because I feel like it helps me stay more connected to her.  Even if I don't always stop by, I do think of her and sometimes call.  Plus you may have figured out by now that I go to the library like at least once a week.)  Well that wasn't very quick.

Anyhow, my brother-in-law was out so it was just us girls, kinda.  I got to see my nephew wiggle and move around in my sister's belly.  We talked about her plans for after he's born and they showed me his room and so of course I opened his closet and pawed through his little outfits. 

My niece had a bath while I was there and we played with her bath toys and worked on saying "splish, splash."  She wanted me to splash my hands in the water with her and I tried but still can't bend my wrist.  She is a little sponge and after watching my hands tried to splash the water awkwardly like me.  God, I love her.  Spending that kind of intimate time with her made me even more ready for physical therapy.  I want so badly to pick her up, twirl her, carry her until my back hurts, be more playful with her, just be a better aunt to her.  Some things just take time. 

I had more to say on recycling and my shampoo and the books I'm reading, but I'm too tired to focus any longer.  I was sad this week was so draining because I listened to Aziz Ansari's Modern Romance audiobook and had some really good take-aways.  Maybe something will trigger all that and I will come back and write about it later.  I am currently a month ahead on my reading challenge, so I actually have a lot to say about certain books.  Alas, sleep.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 11:34 PM |

0 Comments: