Sunday, February 3, 2019
I've been busy getting my life back in order, so I have not had much time for much else, including Libby.  My house would have gone faster with more people helping, or if I had taken off more time after the beginning of the new year, but I had a lot to focus on work and I can be kind of anal about how my house looks apparently.  (At some point someone will need to put me out of my misery and help me find a way to fix all of my dad's drip marks. Not everything can be covered with a photo. *sigh*)

I tried listening to audio books when it was just me painting, but those are not very motivational.  So for the most part I conceded to my dad and have enjoyed singing along to a bunch of classic rock favorites. 

Going from work to painting to shower to pets is exhausting though, so most days I only have the energy to read before bed.  Which lead to 11 books in January.  Though technically I finished a 12th book on my drive to work on February 1st.  I committed to 100 books this year. I'm hoping planning ahead and branching out my taste in audio books will help get me there.  I am including all of my gardening and bee keeping books.  I had to be realistic, there was just too much to do with a new house to start bees this year.  BUT I am going to start going to the monthly meetings so that I know what I'm doing when I start next year.  Plus damn the equipment can be pricey if you're buying it all at once.

I don't have any big trips planned this year after my work trip this month though, so I am planning to start a new furry venture this spring.  I know, I know, I have to be careful before I end up with six cats and two dogs and chickens and now my coworkers want me to get goats. No goats.  And I'm getting those damn bees before I'm getting chickens.

There is a lot of good you can do to be kind to animals and people who love their animals, many ways you never really think about.  Like you can donate your dog's blood to help out other dogs needing surgery & blood.  Tess is the right size, but she just passed the age requirement.  I think that's great, that the dog providing blood has to be in their prime to help the dog in need, but also to not abuse the gifting doggie.

I'm looking into a program where I can foster other people's pets.  There are all kinds of times when you can't have your pet with you (don't I know that).  I really can never truly thank Leo enough for his help in my time of need with Tess.  So I would like to extend this kindness to others.  I hope it will help Tess adjust to not living with another dog and give her someone to play with.  There is a specific timeline, so you only have the pet for so many weeks.  Some times helping others can be a great way to help yourself.  I'm excited to give it a try!
posted by Songs of Love at 12:17 PM |

0 Comments: