Tuesday, October 9, 2018
Welcome to Thirty with Jenny - single, female, childless, hair a brighter shade of red.*

I had a migraine on my birthday for the first time and it was depressing.  It was thankfully not a very painful migraine, but it was consistent, and it consistently resisted my medicine. It's not going to be my last migraine, but hopefully it will be the only one I ever have on a birthday.  I wish I was more superstitious so I could believe it was a cleanse of all the negativity of my twenties. A fresh start for the next decade of my life, a channel for good luck to flow through.

My house hunt has been consuming - time, energy, and plenty of fuel.  I'm pausing for a short bit to get myself through a heavy work load week and a trip to Las Vegas for work.  This trip has been a career goal of mine for so long, but it's coming at such a bad time this year.  I felt like I couldn't pass up this opportunity, so I said yes.  It's definitely helped reinforce the idea that advancing your career isn't the most important or defining priority.

I'm hoping to make connections and attend a few classes that will help me improve my work life. I want to create ways to destress my work load, spend more time doing things that are therapeutic for me, and leave work at the office.  Unless I can get some work from home days.

I don't know what my thirties will hold.  I don't know if Jenny is the best role model for the whole decade, but that's okay.  She's given me a lot of anthems to belt out, hold tight, and dance it out to. To stay in the light,  I just need to look for the positive and let it flow through me.


*Except technically my summer hair is like a goldenized red - darker than strawberry blonde, but not quite orange or blonde.

Labels: ,

posted by Songs of Love at 1:05 AM |

0 Comments: