Sunday, May 6, 2018
To listen to this song you must first turn up your speakers, then press play.

I'm always on the fence about Day 3 of Shaky Knees.  Three days standing out in the hot Georgia sun or in puddles as the rain refuses to let up is not a pleasant experience on your body.  I mean, when it's sunny you can at least sit down and drink lots of water and then it's not so bad.  When it rains though, you are water.  Wet and squishy and all together one.

So between constantly running to downtown, from stage to stage, from train to train, it gets kind of tiring.  I'm also a total homebody and I don't particularly enjoy being in crowds for three days in a row.  I miss my pets and my couch and my own cheap food.  I just need more down time on my weekends and I'm already using them to get so much done around the house.

Now, however, I feel guilty about spending all that time in the park without my dog. She is being a total sweetheart and just wants to sunbathe and play ball and enjoy the breeze and spend time with me.  I wish Day 3 of Shaky Knees deviated to become Shaky Dogs. Only bands who were cool with dogs possibly barking during their sets would play and all dogs would have to have proof they were updated on all their shots and be people friendly and King of Pops would have dog ice cream and poop bags would be available EVERYWHERE.  Also the crowd would openly shame anyone trying to be an asshole and not picking up their dogs poop.  It would be great!  Instead of VIP areas they could have a small dog fenced park and a large dog fenced park on each side of the stage and benches or folding chairs along the edges for owners.  Not right up front my the stage though, but a further out in the back.  I mean, seriously people, how does park & sun equal live music and not also equal dogs?

The base would have to be turned down and the sound would need to tweaked so that it wasn't as hard on their ears but still projected out to a large crowd.  But I think a few series of experiments could figure that out.  Test levels known not to upset dogs and see how far and how loud that would be in the given venue.  Maybe I'm too much of a dreamer and not enough of a scientist to figure this out.

Event planner minds are always working though.  Inspiration is everything!

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 12:21 PM |

0 Comments: