Sunday, April 29, 2018
After this past month, any day that I don't get sick in the morning is a good day. With that logic, today was a great day.  I slept in and had adventure dreams. I went for Mexican food for lunch. I finished a book. I caught a sale at Home Depot. I spent the afternoon in the dirt. Reminded me why I don't bother to paint my nails anymore.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to start some more seeds, but I had to face the music that the plants I started from seed in March are about to die off. The cold was too much for my garden. So I bought a few plants to make up for the time that I lost.

Being outside in the sun, working with my hands and watching Tess play with her ball reminded me of what I want most. What I'm working toward. Tess must have known I was thinking about her. She just came over and giving me sleepy eyes and a yawn. We had a good day out in the sun. The stress at work is about to calm down and I'll have a chance to rebalance my work life. I have been looking forward to that, but I have been going crazy without the warm spring weather. I can't wait to go back to keeping normal work hours, driving home with the windows down singing my heart out, feeding the crew & taking Tess out for exercise and play and gardening and sunbathing and then the sprinkler and bathing suits and late dips in the pool.

Q wants to be in those plans. He has made it clear all he wants is to be fed and to go outside. One time he had the nerve to saunter past me when my hands were full. I feel bad because he wants to be an indoor/outdoor kitty so badly. He wants to sunbathe in the grass. He wants to run around the yard with Tess. He wants to be included. But I would also like him to live as long as possible, and that means inside. I woke up a few times this past week with my arms outstretched and him sleeping snuggled in between. So maybe the solution is a sunroom.

Labels: ,

posted by Songs of Love at 1:01 AM |

0 Comments: