Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Going into surgery, I had four really good books arrive for me at the library.

St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves by Karen Russell
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan
AND FINALLY Tyler Johnson Was Here by Jay Coles

The thing is, I didn't take any extra time off work, so I have been go-go-going and trying my best to not fall behind at work.  And my medicine makes me feel tired, so I try to take it at the end of the work day.  Monday night, first day back, sleepy from the meds, I open Tyler Johnson Was Here and the tension hits me immediately.  Probably not the best thing to start reading when you're at your most vulnerable.  Or maybe that is the time to read it? 

Labels: , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 10:13 PM |

0 Comments: