Wednesday, April 25, 2018
I've been listening to a lot of The Black Key's Brothers album over the past two weeks.  I love how full of themselves they sound.  Like they still believe they're worth loving, worth being at the beginning with.  I'm not trying to be negative or facetious.  I seriously think this album makes you feel good about yourself, gives you a good self image.  It's the jam you sing to yourself before a date.

Well this song, Never Gonna Give You Up, has been playing itself on repeat in my head at work. It's kind of creepy. I could definitely see it being played in a horror movie. But it's also just so awesome. It has a bit of a seventies vibe to it, retro and flashback worthy.  A little bit of crooning and a whole lot of earnest honesty.  It has a slow dancing vibe but it's so clearly not for slow dancing.  I don't know, I've had a real connection to it this week, but I still can't explain my feelings for it.  Which reminds me of a quote from An American Marriage by Tayari Jones, even though it's on a different subject.

"But how you feel love and understand love are two different things," (Jones 138).

Sometimes that's how I feel about music.  How you feel from the music and how you understand the lyrics can be two different things.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 7:30 PM |

0 Comments: