Monday, April 30, 2018
Last week I saw Stars at the Variety Playhouse and I am still living on a high from the show. The venue starts off so empty that I actually sat in the second row through the opener and had a great experience. Sitting during a show makes me feel old, but the crowd was already on the older side, enough to make me look young. And then the Stars came out.

I have to say, this was the most sober I've ever seen them perform. And I LOVED that! I didn't recognize the first two songs, but I felt them all in my shoulders and my hair flying all around. They make great music, but when they perform they can make it all transform to the next level, the in your veins, in your dance step level. Like they performed Calendar Girl, which I love for deep personal reasons, but it's a song about depression and not killing yourself and they performed it like a rock anthem. Well not really. Kind of like a dance anthem? All I know is I've never heard the song like that before. Instead of ticking off the months she made it through, they rejoiced those months of struggling, because she survived! She made it through! January, February, March, April, May - she's still here, she's still fighting, she's loving, she's living. I loved that so much.

The whole show was just so special. It was the last stop in their tour and they made these comments about the audience, about how they could see the spirit of their music in our hearts and faces. That we were a bunch of cuties. I mean, my friends and I were adorably consumed and delighted and glowing from the music. It's damn good music.

We didn't get a set list, but the night was so memorable that I made a playlist to micmick their set list anyway.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 3:39 PM |

0 Comments: