Saturday, August 4, 2018
I don't remember which band I saw Heatless Bastards open for, but I remember it was at 40 Watt and I remember the shock of hearing Erika Wennerstrom sing for the very fist time.  It was unusual, but passionate and fun.  I have recently discovered the joy in trying to sing along with her in the car.  Not in her voice, but with a stretch of your own.  Not in person, but with the endless CDs tiding me by until my phone issues resolve.

So Quiet is on a Valentine's mix of mine and I love listening to it in the morning and on weekends, when I yearn for peace and peace of mind. I have so much coming up in the fall.  All these things I wanted to do with my life for the past five years, but it does feel like forever.  Leadership. Networking.  Education. Ownership. Creativity.  Green, green fields and blue, blue skies and sweet golden honey.

I often think of you
And I wish you well

Storms have been giving me migraines again so I've been biding my time with books.  I raised my reading challenge to 75 books, just hit 52 on Friday. I won't be truly happy until I can finish my backyard beekeeper book and mark it off my list.  I have been thinking about going back to Gabriel García Márquez's Love in the Time of Cholera to cross that off my list too.  With all this rain I feel like I could finally make it through, plus I want to watch the movie.


 Oh, my wrist is officially healed.  Physical therapy has helped a lot. I can now pick up my niece and twirl her.  I didn't think I could love her brother as much as I love that dear girl, but he is the sweetest heartbreaker.  He is smiles and light and love.

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 11:44 PM |

0 Comments: