Tuesday, June 4, 2019
It doesn’t feel like this year has flown by, per se, but I’ve felt so much busier or consumed this year. First working on the house, then organizing the house to fit my needs, then trying to work the yard and garden, dating, making more of an effort to see my sister and her family regularly, experimenting with new things to grow. Like last weekend I had five things planned and I went and socialized at all of them.

But I’ve found it difficult to finish my books before they’re due back to the library, and if a few arrive at once I only concentrate on one. It’s so unlike me. Homecoming and Lemonade hit Spotify and more and more that’s all I could listen to. Everything else just grates a little and I can’t get into it.

It feels like I’ve gotten so busy keeping up being busy that I’ve ignored certain parts that ground me. I had been on the waitlist for months for these two books and they arrived at the same time, just as things start to pick up.

*Editor’s note - I wrote this on May 11th, but it saved as a draft and not as a post. Since last month was a ravenous beast, I’ve decided to post it after the fact.*
posted by Songs of Love at 9:03 PM |

0 Comments: