Sunday, March 17, 2019
I’m sitting outside picking weeds (I know, that’s still my whole yard) and this song came on my Bose speaker and a feeling solidified in my gut. Melon Collie and the Infinite Radness (Parts 1 & 2) was made for playing outside. I wish Tokyo Police Club was playing Shaky Knees again or some outdoor venue down south this year. As it is I could close my eyes, lay back, and almost picture them playing in my backyard. From where I’m sitting my backyard is built like an outdoor amphitheater.

I’ve been alternating between digging a bed for my asparagus, throwing Tess’s ball, and just sitting here picking weeds. Whoever recommended an 18 foot deep bed was clearly not dealing with Georgia red clay. I’m between 4 and 8 inches deep at the most between the whole thing. Asparagus can grow for up to 20 years if the site is prepared & maintained properly. 

At this rate I’m going to have actual muscles. It’s definitely a work out. I think I lost some weight during the move, so hopefully this will help create some definition. Not that I really care. I’m just so happy to be outside digging in my garden and staying up snuggled in bed looking at my garden plans and day dreaming about what will be. And to be listening to this rad album in my rad yard!

Hope my neighbors don’t mind. It’ll be a while before I can apologize with fresh produce. 

Labels: , , ,

posted by Songs of Love at 3:13 PM |

0 Comments: